See types of work, below:
- Multimedia training for industry, including CD-ROM training for General Electric & web-based new product training for Merck Pharmaceuticals. Also served as instructional designer.
- Web courses for academia (see Instructional Design).
- PowerPoint presentations to accompany live training for Oregon Department of Human Services, Cascade Pacific RC&D & others (see Presentations).
- Instructional workbooks for asynchronous learning (Yellowstone National Park) and to accompany classroom instruction (Sandia National Laboratories) . Also served as instructional designer.
Magazine articles, partial list.
Economic Development: Honing a high-tech edge
(Oregon Business Magazine,
Counting Your Nails: Moving from Spec to Custom Home
an article for contractors (NW Builder,
6/2000). See sample
Prairie Prophet, an interview with MacArthur
Fellowship recipient and agronomist Dr. Wes Jackson (Life
A Dream of Freedom, an article on bronze sculptor
Veryl Goodnight (Life Today, 3/93).
Living Long - Staying Young, an article on
Kathy Keeton, author of Longevity: The Science of Staying
Young (Life Today, 12/92).
Faith on the Future,
an article on
marketing consultant Faith Popcorn (Life Today,
|Presentation book for fundraising for proposed
OSU Museum of Natural History|
Books, reports & manuals, partial list.
- Presentation book for fundraising for proposed
OSU Museum of Natural History (2006). Writer & reseacher.
Designed by Timothy Peterson; paintings by Karen Carr. See
- "Affordable Housing Design for Rural New York," book funded by the J.M. Kaplan Fund (1993). Editor & co-writer.
- "Housing America," edited by Jess Lederman (Probus
Publishing, 1993). Wrote chapter, "Housing the Rural
- "The Arts Administrator: Job Characteristics," published by the Association of College, University &
Community Arts Administrators (1987). Researcher & writer.
Publicity materials, partial list.
- New York State Public Employees Federation Newsletters,
brochures & newspaper articles.
- New York State Rural Housing Coalition Semi-monthly
newsletter, booklet, brochures, press releases/PSAs, grantwriting, speeches
& preparation of legislative tesimony.
- New York State Division of Substance Abuse Services Newsletters, press releases/PSAs, video & audio scripts.
- The Hyde Collection Newsletters, press releases
& publicity materials.
- Cascade Pacific Resource Conservation & Development, Inc. Annual reports, feasilibility study (editor), e-newsletters, brochures, press releases.
- Timberpeg in the Willamette Valley Newsletters, brochures, press releases.
- Shelterwood Homes Newsletter, brochures, press releases.
Exhibits, partial list.
- OSU Museum of Natural History, an
exhibit plan for a proposed museum in Corvallis, Oregon
(2006). Researcher & writer; planner of ecosystems
- Southern Arizona Transportation Museum, a new museum tracing the history of rail transportation
in the Tucson region (2004-2005). Producer of multimedia
exhibit for video wall. Exhibit writer & researcher.
- ACE Visitor's Center - Hawaii, an exhibit for
the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that includes first-person
accounts of flooding experiences & describes efforts
to control flood damage (Honolulu, Hawaii, 2004). Researcher,
writer, interviewer & editor.
- Siskiyou National Forest, a series of trail
signs on the region's history, geological formations & ecosystem
(2003-2004). Writer & researcher.
- The Dalles Lock & Dam Visitor's Center, an extensive exhibit on the historic, social, scientific
& economic impacts of hydropower production and
water transportation along the Columbia River for the
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (2001-2003). Scriptwriter,
text writer & researcher.
- Colorado Division of Wildlife Visitor's Center, an exhibit exploring the ecosystems & wildlife of
southwestern Colorado (2002). Writer & researcher.
- U.S. Pacific Command Visitor's Center, an historic
exhibit commemorating heroes of the war in the Pacific during
World War II for the U.S. Navy (Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, 2001-2002).
Writer & researcher.
- Yampa River State Park Visitor's Center, an interpretive
center in northwestern Colorado (2001). Writer & researcher.